Senior Dog Diet
- Reduced calorie and fat levels help mature dogs maintain optimal weight as their metabolism slows and activity levels decrease and overweight dogs reduce the buildup of body fat and maintain leaner muscle mass.
- Made with the highest quality sources of meats, grains and fats to aid in easy digestion and maximum nutrient absorption.
- Healthy, non-GMO grains, including brown rice, oatmeal, and sorghum.
- Natural antioxidants, including vitamin E and beta-carotene, support a strong immune system.
- Healthy fiber from beet pulp, a moderately fermentable source of soluble and insoluble fiber, helps promote healthy gastrointestinal functions and more consistently solid stools.
- Glucosamine and the Green- Lipped Sea Mussel (perna-canaliculus) naturally support proper joint and connective tissue health The Green-Lipped Sea mussel is also rich in amino acids, chelated minerals, and fatty acids.
- Balanced ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, including linoleic acid, nurture healthy skin and promote a vibrant coat.
- To help ensure your dog’s nutritional safety, Best Breed pays a premium for EU-approved and U.S.-raised natural ingredients. Further, Best Breed only uses ethoxyquin-free sources of fish and chicken raised without added hormones.
- Best Breed Senior Dog Diet is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance.
Dear Dog Enthusiast,
As dogs begin to age, choosing the right diet becomes increasingly important as a high-quality and well-balanced food often helps them live a longer and healthier life.
Best Breed’s Senior Diet is formulated with lower levels of fat content to account for decreased energy requirements, but still maintains high levels of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids needed for healthy skin and coat. In addition, it is important that senior dogs get their protein from a meat source that is of the highest quality to assist in reducing stress on the digestive system. The Senior Dog Diet’s low-ash chicken meal, fish meal, and wholesome grains, are all high-quality, highly-digestible sources of protein. Further, added perna canaliculus, a natural source of glucosamine derived from the green lipped sea muscle, is known to help alleviate arthritis and increase mobility.
Like all of Best Breed’s diets, the Senior Diet is developed with the “common sense” idea that a healthy dog begins with a truly super premium food, made with only the highest-quality ingredients. Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions regarding Best Breed’s Senior Diet.
Disclaimer: All material on this website is for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instructions. You should always consult your veterinarian for all health issues pertaining to your pet.
Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Sorghum, Dried Beet Pulp, Tomato Pomace, Chicken Fat [Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)], Brewers Dried Yeast, Natural Flavor, Flax Seed, Menhaden Fish Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Lecithin, Kelp Meal, Sea Salt, Dried Skimmed Milk, Canola Oil, Menhaden Fish Oil, Potassium Chloride, DL Methionine, L-Lysine, New Zealand Sea Mussel, Glucosamine, Garlic Powder, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Citric Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.
|Crude Protein (Minimum) ...................................||21.0%|
|Crude Fat (Minimum) ..........................................||7.0%|
|Crude Fat (Maximum) .........................................||9.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Maximum) .....................................||4.5%|
|Moisture (Maximum) ...........................................||10.0%|
Contains 371 Kcal per cup ME (metabolizable energy) and 3.9 oz. of food per standard 8 oz. measuring cup.
|Body Weight (lbs.)
||Cups Per Day**
|Up to 10||1/4 to 3/4|
|11-23||3/4 to 1-1/4|
|24-36||1-1/4 to 1-3/4|
|37-49||1-3/4 to 2-1/4|
|50-62||2-1/4 to 3|
|63-75||3 to 3-1/2|
|76-89||3-1/2 to 4|
|90 or More||4 Cups Plus 1/2 Cup For Every 10 lbs. over 90|
** 1 cup equals approximately 110 grams of food.