German Dog Diet
- The diet’s nutritionally-dense kibbles and highly-digestible ingredients assist in mitigating digestive upset and maximizing nutrient absorption - helping large breed dogs maintain a healthy weight.
- Glucosamine and the Green- Lipped Sea Mussel (perna-canaliculus) naturally support proper joint and connective tissue health. The Green-Lipped Sea Mussel is also rich in amino acids, chelated minerals, and fatty acids.
- Healthful, whole grains, including brown rice and oatmeal.
- Quality sources of soluble and insoluble fiber to help maintain an active and healthy digestive system.
- Antioxidants (vitamins E and C) help maintain a strong immune system.
- The synergistic combination of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, amino acids, and chelated minerals assists in maintaining healthy skin and promoting a vibrant coat. (Omega 6:3 are balanced for optimum performance.)
- To help ensure your dog’s nutritional safety, Best Breed pays a premium for EU-approved natural ingredients. Further, Best Breed only uses ethoxyquin-free sources of fish and chicken raised without antibiotics and added hormones.
- Best Breed German Dog Diet is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages. This formula will benefit dogs of all life stages (puppy through senior).
Dear German Shepherd Enthusiasts,
Known for their sound temperament and high aptitude for training, German Shepherds have a unique combination of intelligence, agility, strength, and fearlessness that allow them to serve a wide variety of roles, ranging from the family pet to helping stop crime. German Shepherds and like breeds require special nutritional attention for their (i) sensitive skin and coat, (ii) bone and joint development and maintenance and (iii) sensitive digestive system.
The Best Breed German Diet contains perna canaliculus, a natural source of glucosamine derived from the Green-Lipped Sea Mussel which is known to be a requisite in joint fluid development; helping alleviate bone and joint problems often seen in the German Shepherd breed (and other large breeds). The German Diet also contains highly-digestible protein sources including chicken, fish and eggs for healthy muscle development and body maintenance. And high quality sources of fiber to promote healthy intestinal functions. I cannot begin to count the cases of diarrhea or constipation I was able to treat by simply adding the correct levels of quality fiber to my patients' food. The diet also includes high levels of Linoleic, Arachidonic, Omega-3 Fatty Acids and vitamins and minerals, including vitamin-C and vitamin-E, to help maintain a sound immune system for those working and highly active dogs with susceptibility to excess stress on their immune system.
Like all of Best Breed’s diets, the German Dog Diet was developed with the “common sense” idea that a healthy dog begins with a truly super premium food, made with only the highest-quality ingredients. Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions regarding Best Breed’s German Dog Diet.
Disclaimer: All material on this website is for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instructions. You should always consult your veterinarian for all health issues pertaining to your pet.
Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Fat [Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)], Egg Product, Pearled Barley, Brewers Dried Yeast, Natural Flavor, Menhaden Fish Meal, Lecithin, Menhaden Fish Oil, Flax Seed, Canola Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Kelp Meal, Sea Salt, DL Methionine, L-Lysine, Monosodium Phosphate, Cranberry, Alfalfa Meal, New Zealand Sea Mussel, Ascorbic Acid, Glucosamine, Garlic Powder, Vitamin E Supplement, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Citric Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.
|Crude Protein (Minimum) ...................................||25.0%|
|Crude Fat (Minimum) ..........................................||12.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Maximum) .....................................||4.5%|
|Moisture (Maximum) ...........................................||10.0%|
Contains 456 Kcal per cup ME (metabolizable energy) and 4.1 oz. of food per standard 8 oz. measuring cup.
|Body Weight (lbs.)
||Cups Per Day**
|Up to 10||1/4 to 3/4|
|11-23||3/4 to 1-1/4|
|24-36||1-1/4 to 1-3/4|
|37-49||1-3/4 to 2-1/4|
|50-62||2-1/4 to 3|
|63-75||3 to 3-1/2|
|76-89||3-1/2 to 4|
|90 or More||4 Cups Plus 1/2 Cup For Every 10 lbs. over 90|
** 1 cup equals approximately 114 grams of food.