Best Breed Grain Free Cat Diet
- Premium sources of protein from chicken, whitefish and eggs help build and maintain lean muscle mass while providing the essential nutrients needed for strong bones and teeth
- Made with low-glycemic fruits and vegetables, including nutrient-rich green peas, red lentils and chickpeas.
- Made without potatoes and tapioca which are high on the glycemic index when compared to legumes.
- Gluten Free
- Cranberries and optimum mineral levels synergistically help promote urinary tract health.
- Hairball management - formulated with multiple sources of natural fiber to help facilitate the elimination of hairballs.
- Enriched with taurine to promote good vision and heart and reproductive health.
- The combination of highly-digestible proteins and a premium source of fiber from beet pulp, support gastrointestinal health and help contribute to smaller, firmer stools.
- The synergistic combination of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, amino acids, and chelated minerals assists in maintaining healthy skin and promoting a vibrant coat. (Omega 6:3 are balanced for optimum performance.)
- To help ensure your cat's nutritional safety, Best Breed pays a premium for EU-approved and U.S.-raised natural ingredients. Further, Best Breed only uses ethoxyquin-free sources of fish and chicken raised without added hormones.
- Best Breed Grain Free Cat Diet is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
Dear Fellow Cat Lover,
After nearly two decades of offering just one cat formula, we are now excited to introduce our second formula: the Grain Free Cat Diet! One question we have repeatedly gotten through the years is why only one cat formula? The reason was quite simple, the original Cat Diet worked so well, for so many different cats and kittens, with so many different health needs, we never felt it necessary to develop another. But after hearing from an increasing number of pet parents looking for a Best Breed grain free option, in 2014 we got to work and embarked on creating the perfect no grain cat formula! In developing this formula we used much of what we had learned from the original formula, more specifically fiber and how it works in promoting digestive health. By late-2014 we finalized the Grain Free Cat Diet with great success!
Like all of our grain free formulas, this diet is developed without potatoes and tapioca and instead uses healthful grain alternatives such as peas, lentils and chickpeas. We also start the formula off with lots of meat from high protein, low-ash chicken and whitefish, followed by blueberries and cranberries, which are high in antioxidants and excellent for urinary tract health.
Like all of Best Breed’s diets, the Grain Free Cat Diet was developed with the “common sense” idea that a healthy cat begins with a truly super premium food, made with only the highest-quality ingredients. Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions regarding Best Breed’s Grain Free Cat Diet.
Disclaimer: All material on this website is for your information only and may not be construed as medical advice or instructions. You should always consult your veterinarian for all health issues pertaining to your pet.
Chicken Meal, Egg Product, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Red Lentils, Chickpeas, Green Peas, Whitefish Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Cellulose, Brewers Dried Yeast, Natural Chicken Flavor, Ground Flax Seed, Fish Oil, Cranberries, Blueberries, Lecithin, Kelp Meal, Salt, Potassium Chloride, DL Methionine, L-Lysine, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Citric Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.
|Crude Protein (Minimum) .................................||38.0%|
|Crude Fat (Minimum) ........................................||17.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Maximum) ...................................||7.0%|
|Moisture (Maximum) .........................................||10.0%|
|Ash Content (Maximum) ...................................||7.0%|
Contains 444 Kcal per cup ME (metabolizable energy) and 3.8 oz. of food per standard 8 oz. measuring cup.
|Cat Weight (lbs.)
||Cups Per Day**
|Less Than 5||1/5 to 1/3|
|6-10||1/3 to 1/2|
|11-15||1/2 to 2/3|
|16-20||2/3 to 1|
** 1 cup equals approximately 107 grams of food.